Our In-house Lab services include:
- CBC (Complete Blood Count)- this is the count of the different types of cells that circulate the bloodstream. Including Red Blood Cells (RBC), White Blood Cells (WBC), platelets, hemoglobin, lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and Packed Cell Volume (PCV/HCT)
- Blood Chemistry Tests- these profiles test for specific chemistry values in the blood as well as electrolytes that indicate your pet’s vital organ function, such as liver, kidneys, pancreas, and heart.
- Electrolyte and Blood Gas levels
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Heartworm Test
- Feline Leukemia/FIV
- Pancreatic Lipase
- Schirmer Tear Test- this measures the tear production of your pet’s eyes and helps us diagnose tear deficiency as a contributing factor to ocular surface diseases including: Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), indolent corneal ulcers, exposure keratitis, and others.
- Fluorescein Eye Stain- used to detect corneal ulcers.
- Cytology- gives us a microscopic look at cells that may be causing inflammation. Usually used for ear infections to determine bacterial growth, but can also be used to detect cancer cells with a growth from samples obtained with a fine-needle aspirate.
The Reference Laboratories offer many additional and more in-depth diagnostics than we are capable of in-house including, but certainly not limited to:
- Additional blood analyses
- Allergy Testing